Monday, September 19, 2011

E.R. Veteran

In the past year, I have been in the emergency room three times. The first two times were at the Princeton ER, once for acid reflux and a second time for unrelenting nausea. Tonight I went to the Christian hospital in Wichita (the one McConnell uses for its guys...five minutes away), because we suspected an ectopic pregnancy.

Long story short, the pain near my right ovary got REALLY bad tonight. I had assumed it was a cyst, but this pain was scary. Coupled with the brown spotting a few days ago, and I was convinced that my pregnancy was tubal.

My saint of a husband hopped into the car with me and we headed to Via Christi, where I was poked and prodded for hours on end. I had an external and internal ultrasound, and they took my blood more times than I can count. It was exhausting.

Everything worked out well at the end of the day though...it was just my Corpus Luteum cyst! For those who don't know, it's the cyst that every woman gets when she gets pregnant...not everyone can feel it, but all of us have it. Basically, it nurtures your baby for the first ten weeks of pregnancy. Mine is bigger than my last cyst, at a whopping 2 cm (haha) and it hurts like a biznatch.

My baby bean is in my uterus, exactly where it should be :) I did not get to see it, as the doc says it's itty bitty on the ultrasound picture at 5 weeks, but he saw the sac and all and is happy. My beta levels are at about 5500! WOO HOO! The relief that I feel right now is AMAZING. For the first time, I'm starting to feel confidant about this pregnancy.

Just keep sticking, little bean <3

No comments:

Post a Comment