Saturday, March 31, 2012

It's on the books now...

We are officially scheduled for a C-Section on May 14th at 7:30am (have to get there two hours early to prep!)...Teddy is just getting too big, and Dr. Breit is not fond of taking the risk of hurting me OR the baby. I'm SO GLAD. I know this will sound silly, and I honestly never thought I would EVER say this, but I've been praying for a c-section. My hips have been through enough as is...pushing a giant baby with a giant head through them and run the risk of injuring them further, right before a deployment? NO THANKS. The risk of Teddy's shoulders getting stuck?? NOOOOOO. And honestly, with the rate he's growing, the recovery from this c-section might really be faster than a vaginal recovery.

So we'll know for sure on April 19th that this is the route we're going. That's the date of my next measurment ultrasound. I actually have to go in weekly for the BPP scans now (bio physical), but the measurement one is in three weeks. If he's growing even bigger, she might go earlier. OR, conversely, if he's slowing down she may cancel the c-section and just make it an induction.

So we're going to the hospital on May 14th or earlier, no matter what. How crazy is that?? I can't believe it's almost time.

No comments:

Post a Comment