Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Home Stretch!!!

So this will be a pretty significant update! We have under 4 weeks left until the c-section/induction date. I'm still including the induction on the offchance that Dr. Breit feels comfortable going that route. I hope she doesn't at this point...she has me concerned.

 Anyway, baby is still huge and damn near 7 pounds...still four weeks to go, so I'm pretty worried that I'm going to run out of room in my belly for his giant butt. He is SO CUTE.

 Eric left for pre-deployment training just over a week ago...it was the week from Hell after he left. Jessie got here, which was amazing. Unfortunately, we spent her entire second day here in Labor and Delivery because I failed a BPP for movement. My son decided to sit still JUST for the scan. The hospital decided to monitor me, put me on an IV of fluids, AND redo the BPP. We spent a total of 6 hours there! Anyway, it all turned out fine...it was just tedious and the last thing I needed on the day after Eric left!

Fast forward to Saturday...TORNADO. A tornado went through the base! It figures that not only would it be my first legit tornado watch and then warning, but also my first tornado, AND that it would go right through the base and actually cause quite a bit of destruction in the area. We were lucky and took no damage, but the base itself did and the streets are still closed (have I mentioned that they lead to the hospital?? Because they do. And they're closed til Sunday.).

I'd write more but I'm getting so sleepy. Sookie is snoozing next to me and her tiny little snores are lulling me into dreamland <3

No comments:

Post a Comment