Friday, December 30, 2011

Theme! YAY!

I'm not sure if I posted this or not, but we've picked our nursery theme officially: FOREST! I didn't want to do the traditional "blue and soccer balls/baseballs/footballs" thing for our little Tommy. I found this great decal mural of a tree with an owl, squirrel, etc and showed Eric, who loved it too! We got it, and then today I shopped around online and found the PERFECT bedding set. So it's look like it will be green, tan, brown, blue, and all of that good stuff! It makes me happy, because it will be different from the norm. Right now, the neutral boy "in" look seems to be "Jungle"...not a huge fan.

My stepmother is amazing, I have to say. She straight up volunteered out of nowhere to buy us our stroller! When I told her what stroller we wanted, I let her know that it's a little bit pricey so she doesn't have to do it. Her response? OF COURSE she'd get it, and would we mind if she got us the pack and play as well? SUCH a relief.

We also bought our breast pump this week with a giftcard we received for Christmas. I got the Medela Pump In Style on the recommendation of nurses AND Jesscah. Expensive, but I'm stoked. I'm nervous that baby won't be able to latch since my nipples are so small, and I REALLY want to breastfeed. This might be the key for me.

All that's left in terms of big purchases would be the infant carseat/carrier, the bouncer, the swing, the diaper genie, and the mattress/crib set.

Can't believe how nicely it's all going :)

No comments:

Post a Comment