Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Nursery Time

So now we can get serious about the nursery, which is awesome. My stepmom is amazing and took a huge weight off of our shoulders by getting us our city mini stroller AND our pack and play, my dad is reimbursing us for the crib and glider, and Eric's parents are getting us our dresser. PHEW. Our last BIG purchases will be the breast pump, infant carrier (the convertible can wait until Eric is home next November), and any swing/bouncer we choose to get. This is a HUGE relief.

Now that we know Tommy/Teddy (I'm partial to Teddy! I know he's not Theodore, but Thomas Edward just naturally seems to lend itself to Teddy) is a Tommy/Teddy, we can decorate more. I'm not doing blues and all the obvious "Boy" things...we're going for a foresty theme. Hundred Acre Wood without Pooh Bear! We have a lot of owl paraphernalia that I'd like to use, and the bathroom is already green with part one of the quirky owl paintings. We've decided on this gorgeous tree mural decal because painting isn't realistic what with us moving within three years. Thankfully, there is a lot of green stuff out there because of gender neutrality, so shopping should be easy. I already have one set of crib sheets (thank you, USAF!), so I'll add a bunch more and the bumper once we find one. Bumpers make me nervous, but it's better than NOT having one in my opinion. I know they make breathable bumpers now, so I'll have to shop around.

Aaaaaaaanyway. Off to work on the registry some more. Almost done! Is it tacky to share the link on fb? I have so many friends and family that are scattered across the country, I feel like that's the best way to get it around without sending stupid direct emails like "hey, here's my registry. I'm selfish."

Hrm.

No comments:

Post a Comment