Thursday, October 13, 2011

Random Thoughts...

...while my iPhone updates to iOS 5. Yes, I was super excited for the update and yes, I waited two days to do it. I AM THAT LAZY THESE DAYS.

Not TOO much to update you on. The ultrasound put me at such ease. I know the risk of miscarriage is still there, but the chance of carrying to full term after hearing a healthy heartbeat at 8 weeks (and seeing a baby that is growing on schedule!) is something like 96%. I will take those odds, thank you!

My next appointment is on November 14th, right before Jessa gets here. Won't be doing another ultrasound (unless this cyst is still here and still hurting...more on that in a sec), but she'll do the doppler at each appointment to hear the heartbeat. I was too early for the doppler to pick anything up when we went (8 weeks along, doppler won't pick up until at LEAST 10 weeks...although I've heard of rare occasions where it happens). I'm excited to meet the doc at that appointment! I don't think Eric will be able to make it (or most of them, though he swears he can...I know it'll be hard for him to get the time off)...but that's ok! Mostly, I just want him to be at the ones with the ultrasounds so he can see the baby. He was so cute when he saw it this last time. :)

Now about this cyst. FUCK this cyst. It's not even that big (the sonographer checked it out for me while we were there)...but sweet baby Jesus, it is killing me with pain. It hurts at the place where my thigh connects to my torso and upwards just a little bit, and now it radiates into my VERY lower back (like the top of the butt cheek. Hell, maybe even a little bit of the cheek.)...I don't know what aggravates it. I wish I did. Because last night and the night before, I've had to limp to the bathroom to pee at night before bed...it's like it holds off until the sun goes down and then BAM! PAIN!

Well, on the bright side, it SHOULD be just about ready to reabsorb. They say usually by ten weeks, the body is ready to produce the hormones needed on its own and the cyst can start to go away. I'll be 9 weeks on Eric's birthday (this Saturday!), so that's one step closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment