Friday, October 21, 2011

A Handful of Quick Updates!

I have to get Sookie to the groomer pretty soon, but some updates on life here in Wichita!

I have my NT screening scheduled for November 10th, which is great. I (hopefully WE!) will get to see the baby again, and once again be reassured that everything is ok. If we're being honest, I could care less about the results of the screening. I highly doubt that my child will have downs or trisomy 13 or anything like that, but even if so, I would not terminate the pregnancy because of it. I scheduled this because it's covered by my insurance and I'm paranoid about the health of my baby. I probably won't stop being paranoid until he or she is safely delivered!

After that, I will have my second official OBGYN appointment on the 14th of November, and this time we will actually meet Doctor Breit! I'm excited for that, and I hope she's really nice. I'm nervous going into this not being familiar with the practice, but so far it seems amazing. I will need to tour Wellesly (sp.? I should find this out) and Via Christi to decide where I want to give birth, so I can let them know. I doubt I'll pick Via Christi. I'm hoping to explore my options with Jessie while she's here. Anyway, we will also get to hear the baby's heartbeat (as opposed to SEEING it), for the first time at this appointment! Well, that might not be ENTIRELY true...

...because Eric gave in and let me buy a fetal heart doppler online yesterday :) When it arrives, we will be able to hear the baby's heartbeat whenever we want for the rest of the pregnancy! I'm hoping we can pick it up on the doppler right away, but I'm only going to be 10 weeks on Saturday, so it MAY be early. Who knows!

So Jessie is coming to visit on November 17th (seriously, November is a super FULL month for me...I have another mommy to be class the day after she leaves!)...I'm seriously hoping we get to the Sedgwick County Zoo and check out some of the museums in the area, as well as scope out the hospitals. And on that note, it's time to get Sookie into the car and get her nails trimmed!

No comments:

Post a Comment